Native American Recipes

Recipes and information on Native American food. This is the food and recipes of food eaten preinvasion upto and including current popular Native American food.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Tsa La Gi Bean Bread


1 recipe cornmeal
1 cooking juice from beans
1 corn husks
1 garlic salt

My husband is Tsa la gi and he gave me an old recipe for making bean bread that just says to mix the beans with some of the juice into the cornmeal. Well, I did that until it looked about the right consistency to me and used corn husks to wrap them up and held them together with a toothpick. Like you, I had no idea how long to cook
them since the recipe just says to boil until done. Well, I figured 20-30 minutes would probably be about right. I tested one and it seemed done to me so I let my husband taste and he said they tasted like they were supposed to so I must have guessed right. And I guess you know not to put salt in the mixture or it will just fall apart. Season afterwards. Instead of salt I put a little garlic salt on mine
and liked it real well. Just give it a try and see what happens. From: Mignonne
Yield: 4 servings

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home